View Single Post
Old 21-10-2022, 07:14 AM   #93
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: East Coast floods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Out of curiosity, do they hand out Puritabs (or equivalent) as a matter of course for people stuck in these areas?
one of my sons works for the local water authority, the town drinking water wasn't under threat, despite all the rumour mongering going on in the town, spread by ****-heads who should know better. Sure my son said store some fresh water just in case, but he was confident that they had all the risks mitigated. He works at the sewerage end, but they all jump in and help everywhere when required. He was looking after the fresh water pumping in Mooroopna and the sewerage in Mooroopna as he lives over that side of the Goulburn

As far as the Mooroopna power station, who the **** builds a power station in a flood zone? Seriously. It is between the river and a main road

The river is subsiding quickly here in most areas, Mooroopna still affected. My son lives out of town and the water is impacting his property, he doesn't think it will enter his house, and maybe not his shed which is in his front yard

I hope the people outside the Great Wall of Echuca fair OK, I have a mate at Echuca Village and his house is in strife, and his work place is outside the Great Walll of Echuca. His business made the machines for the face mask manufacturer here, pity the council don't respect that kind of thing
Trevor 57 is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: