View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 07:50 AM   #46
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 'Post Pandemic' - On the roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The biggest concern from Melbourne's subcontinental community is that they want easier and cheaper visa options to bring their parents over, at the moment it's cost prohibitive to get their parents here.

Creates an issue because you have an elderly person who hasn't contributed to our society suddenly living here for the last third of their life using taxpayer funded medical facilities at the expensive part of their lives.

I've got no problems with people wanting to look after their families, they're no different to any of us in that regard, but it's starting to pick up steam because their numbers and how they congregate in certain electorates, it makes their voice as a community politically powerful.

We need an infrastructure and services investment if we're going to play these games, as long as the money is there to deal with it I don't have a problem, I guess it only effects the working class though and no one cares about them in Canberra, we'll just have this underclass of citizen, kinda like the Dalits of the Indian caste system.

But when it takes an hour and 20 to get an ambulance, the hospitals are struggling we got hobo camps in Melbourne CBD, everyone on the road is aggro AF and people are being priced out of a place to live, I don't think bringing in an extra 600,000+ people is reading the room very well.

Now we recognise Indian qualifications and certifications I'm curious how much they cost me

I guess the upside is it's an opportunity to position yourself to take advantage of the decline, there's a dollar to be made on the way down the slippery slope we've jumped onto with gusto.
Please explain your last sentence.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote