View Single Post
Old 13-02-2024, 10:09 PM   #5594
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I had my roof inspected last week and got the quote today and well **** me it came in around $7.7k!

For context I have a persistent leak near the front during very heavy rain but not really big and only had a leak in my bedroom during a biblical amount of rain a couple of weeks ago, never happened before.

So here was I thinking that includes fixing the leaks and doing a full rebed and repoint of the entire roof. No that is just for those leaks!

They have said I need new wider and deeper valleys (3 even though the other 2 don't leak at all though may be due to them being connected by the ridges) and rebed and repoint that and the ridge over on the bedroom.

11m of valley @ ~$340/m and 22m @ ~$115/m although it would appear they have tacked on ~5m. I guesstimated roughly 44m to do all the ridges so basically double that.

Is this taking the **** or not? I have more valleys than that with what I'd assume would carry more water and no leaks there.

I'd expected that the quote would itemise the inspection report but there was stuff not quoted that I pointed out and things not even discussed at the time in the report and not quoted.

I don't usually stuff around with multiple quotes but in this instance it would be wise to get another 1 or 2
It's been my experience that repairers chuck out a figure to see if it sticks, if not no harm, worth a try to rip someone off.
4 users like this post: