View Single Post
Old 28-04-2024, 07:53 PM   #96
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Favorite Car Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Helping my longest-term customer do a tip run this afternoon, who's now vision impaired, he started asking about my cars, in particular the "blue Falcon". Of course, the topic brough up comments about inline 6's, which led onto a car he used to own, a BMW E36 328i.

I remember that car very well because when I first started working for them, I would always take out my earphones to listen to the exhaust on start-up, a beautifully rich BMW inline 6 rasp, then as it drove off down the street. It always made me smile.

It also made me smile when my customer spoke about the car today, clearly it left an impression on him. That particular E36 328i was a sedan in Arctic Silver Metallic with the M-sport suspension, wheels and body enhancements. He proudly told me of doing 250 kph in that car and of how well it drove. He replaced that car with two first gen BMW X3's, followed by a string of Subaru's. What we universally agreed on was how BMW are not what they used to be.

Naturally, I had to see if a 142 kW 2.8-litre 328i could do 250 kph, just.......................

Compare that to a modern 4-cylinder 328i, faster but no thanks...............

Speaking of JayEmm.....................

I looked at one of those for my first car - E36 328i.

1990s is peak BMW I reckon, E34, E36, E38 and E39

If anyone is a masochist, one of these is a good buy:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...17069263/?Cr=1

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 28-04-2024 at 08:17 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: