View Single Post
Old 18-06-2006, 10:57 AM   #44
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri Power 289
Very good Casper, but this isn't the Battle of the Bulge.
Were supposed to be on the same side.
And even if it was, Chris would be Eisenhower, being a Ford man all his life and dedicated to nothing but improving the performance of FORDS.

Now c'mon, when are we going to see your car run?
Calder's on every Friday night you know!!!
I am on the same side as you and I am very happy for your time and the advancements of the AU I6 lately.
What annoys me is being singled out by goons and "soldiers" who want to take cheap shots and jibes. The can do it all they like, I'm sure it makes them feel tough and brave. Of course, in the vast majority of cases, most of these goons (and no, I do not consider you one at all.. I am genuinely happy for you) wouldnt know an AU I6 from a Lada Niva nor do they care. The just like to push bandwagons they are told to push.
I have been and continue to be an advocate for the AU and the AU I6 for many years. I have been heavily involved in quite a bit of the testing and trials of getting these things moving and I have made mistakes I have learned from in the past and rectified for the future.

I am working to my own plan and my own budget (I dont get the luxury of having thousands of dollars to spend in one hit.. I have a family to support and they will always come first) however my car has never been a "pretend" car. It will be back on the track and will go through the progressive stages of build up just like yours has. We (G&D and I) have a goal and a path we choose to follow. If that timetable isnt to others liking then they can get over it or they dont.. I really dont give a hoot. If people who have absolutely nothing to do with AU's or I6's choose the cheap shots and jibes thats fine but I hope they remember that when things are not going all their own way (but I'm betting the scilence will be deafening).

In the end Chris and I have agree'd to disagree. Nothing will change that and I have no intention of reversing my choices. All the prodding, poking and smirking does not worry me as I am in it for the long term and have seen all this come and go many times.

When my car is at a stage I like I'll race it. Not till then. Then I'll continue to the next stage and the next stage. The entire build is already know and it will continue along that path till its done.

Oh, and I dont know if Chris would like being compared with Eisenhower. He was a desk jockey and politician more than a General. His skills were just like any other political. If you want to choose a General who got things done then Maybe Bradley or Patton would be the better choice.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote