View Single Post
Old 13-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #267
bigjim

Ive had my s1 XR6 for about 2 years, got 255,000kms on the clock, best car I've ever had. Aside from routine maint, here are the problems I have had.
1. Brake switch. Big surprise. 10 minute job

2.Clutch cable broke. I thought fair enough, its done 250k, replaced.

3.Pin that goes through clutch fork and holds clutch cable bent. Thought i had broken another clutch cable. Again, easy job to repair.

4.This one's a doozy. Running out of clutch adjustment, thought maybe it was the cable or the clutch pedal. Had a look, everything was fine. Pulled some heat shield off the firewall where the clutch cable goes through, guess what? Massive crack in firewall, about 60mm dia, 3/4 of the way around. Welded it up (luckily was able to do it without removing brake booster) but not happy at all. Firewall's shouldn't crack

5.Running out of clutch adjustment again. Checked the weld on the firewall, holding up fine. Looked at everything else, also fine. Decided to pull the gearbox out, must be pressure plate fingers. Get the dust excluder off gearbox and bugger me the clutch fork is cracked 3/4 of the way through. Pulled out gearbox, welded up the clutch fork. Now it works like a treat (touch wood)

Spose it's lucky that I can do all of this work myself, otherwise I'd be flat broke and hate my car, and I don't want that. I just hope the clutch system holds up.
bigjim is offline   Reply With Quote