View Single Post
Old 22-03-2005, 09:50 PM   #1
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Default Driven the NEW Focus

That's right!!!!!! :dr_Evil:

Won't write an article on it, it's not my place, but even being a pre-production unit it was pretty damn good. I won't comment in depth simply because it's not fair until a final production ready and customer built vehicle can be tested. Enough to say that it was very good, handling was first rate, it's not that much heavier, is much more refined, brakes are great, Tim gets his beloved Duratec (which has some seriously big pulling power and sensational lowdown to midrange torque, you can feel every one of the 107kw), the engine is smooth and revs very cleanly all the way to redline - more so than the Mk I, gearbox is precise and short shift, clutch is light to medium (between a current CL and Zetec in feel), it feel like a quicker car than the current Zetec (having put over 50,000km in a current model). It is much torquier in feel, whereas the current model seems to rely less on torque and more on top end power. But that might just be my exhaust-liberated top end. Wait for the final model before we really evaluate it in the magazines, I'll be keen to read, but I was very, very impressed. And the fuel economy is unbelievable. MORE power, BIGGER car, LESS fuel!!! Jackpot.

*This is my personal opinion and in no way a reflection of the company opinion or the final production model.