View Single Post
Old 17-02-2020, 11:52 PM   #640
ThePursuit

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Gday fellow forumers, putting the feelers out well in advance as the wife and I start to plan for my long service leave later in the year.

We’ve got the new van ordered, should be ready the end of June, and we’ll travel down from Darwin to grab it in Victoria. Might take the kids to see some snow if there’s any hanging around close by at that time of year and catch up with some mates at Uluru as we pass each other on seperate travels, lucky buggers will be on their way home to Perth after doing the Gibb.

The big departure date however is the end of September and plan on being home for Australia Day 2021. So effectively 4ish months. We plan to head over QLD way then work our way down and around to SA and head up the guts again for home. WA will come at a later date as we both grew up in South West WA and anything up north is close to home from Darwin.

We did a similar 4week trip back in 2012 BC (we call it Before Children) in reverse though. It was a quick trip to see the major sites as neither of us had really been to the east coast beforehand.

We now want everyone’s help to plan the big trip, so if you know of any great secrets that can’t be found on google then let me know. From camping spots to specific towns, great food to the ‘odd’ must see, we’re all ears and your help would be appreciated. We are also mindful of the hard time a lot of places and people are having due to recent and ongoing events so even if the suggestion is to raise awareness and get some customers through the door then please suggest.

We will be travelling with our two boys, currently 6 and 3. Will be 7 and 4 whilst on our travels. We will have the Hilux and Masterpiece van and plan to do a fair bit of free camping. Should be self sufficient for a week I suspect.

We plan on documenting our travels subtly on social media between friends, family and the travelling community. We are definitely not ‘influencers’ by any means but would like to try and do our bit to promote travel within our own country, spend a few dollars helping the economy and stay away from those nasty viruses.

Sorry for the long post but in short if you have any suggestions that would be great.

Cheers, Sean

Current rides:
2020 79 Series GXL
2010 TTG
2011 Polaris RZR XP

Previous rides:
2004 RTV V8 Manual
2006 XR5
2004 Pursuit
1993 XG SPack

Work ride:
2014 Hilux SR 4x4