View Single Post
Old 30-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #181
fordfan351
Now serving defect #6

Fines like these are only a symptom of our over policed, over taxed society, what would be wrong with asking you to switch them off rather than dishing out a $110 fine?I mean you where pulled over already, its not like he had to make any extra effort to ask you to do so. So i would agree this is a pretty harsh penalty for a minor infraction.

At the end of the day Police stopped enforcing the law and became tax collectors along time ago so these kind of things shouldnt surprise any of us.

Today I payed a visit to the Police station. They had accidently double booked my defect inspection and they sent me to the Police station to get an extension on the 72 hours they originally gave me to have the car off the road.

When I arrived at the Police station the female police officer behind the counter refused to go outside and look at my car because it was raining???? So I had to sit in the Police station until it stopped raining(thankfully only 15 minutes later) before she would go outside and check my vehicle to ensure it has indeed been raised to the legal level.

This is the kind of behaviour that makes people like me dislike Police, I await the replys from the former police officers blah blah blah its a tough job etc etc Well I agree one of my closest friends is a D so I know all about it, but nobody forces them to be Police officers it is a choice they make and a job like anyone else has so complain all you want.

My oppinion is biased as I have had nothing but bad experiances with Police on the road my whole life, I also would concede that Govt policy reagrding fines etc etc is not helping the image of Police either.

Look back over the last five years at the annual road toll, is all this revenue raising/law enforcement making a real difference or not. I would say no, we had more deaths in 2004,05,06 and 07 than we did in 2003 so what impact are they making other than lightning everybodies wallets?

"end rant"