View Single Post
Old 23-02-2020, 11:33 AM   #43
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What happened to Australia's car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Mick, Holden did sell C20's (and bigger) from the dealer competing with the F series.
My ol man bought a new C60 luton peak furniture pan (292 blue flame straight 6) back when I got this price list.

Yes I do know they did, old mans mate had a 4x4 K20 I think it was called and it had the big 292 6 in it, they were not called a blue flame 6, as they were what looked like a big block Holden grey motor.

I remember traveling up north going through past Bundy to rocky to do a job and the old man had a gut full and pulled up in his 1976 Ford F100 with a 250 6 cyl in it and asked what the hell did old mate think he was doing plodding along so far back and old mate said that he was flat out going up them hills and all, he bought that Chev K20 new and only had it for a year, he did not like it because it was so gutless.

Them Chevys did not sell well at all in Australia I think it was about 1978 that they came out and the 1978 to 1980 F100 was the best looking F100 of all by far and we got the 5.8L V8 as well then.

I remember sitting in that K20 Chev when I first seen it and thought the dash and all was nice.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: