View Single Post
Old 07-04-2024, 05:36 PM   #69
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Vfacts March 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
I dont get caught up in VFacts rubbish.
But i totally agree, im 40. Me and my mates had 80's falcons, then 90s falcons and some kept on going (I diverted to euros for a little after, but came back)
But now the streets are full of p plate hilux's/tritons/navaras and the like. Its a totally different environment these days.
The change in trend towards lifted four wheel drives and dual cabs is interesting.

I never saw the appeal in a lowered Falcon or Commodore, but that was always the done thing. Late model Falcodore with P-plates, slammed into the weeds, big wheels, huge subwoofer on the parcel shelf, noisy exhaust. The driver then had to run the gauntlet trying to get away with a car that was too loud and too low.

Now, it's ancient Nissan Patrol's and an assortment of dual cabs with noisy mud plugger tyres, lift kits, snorkels, roof racks permanently stacked with offroad gear, diesel blow off valves. And yet, that sort of thing doesn't seem to raise the attention of the law.

Going by what I have seen, a lowered Falcodore with superior brakes and tyres would be safer than a lifted dual cab on mud tyres and a huge amount of weight strapped to the roof. It seems to be the done thing for P-platers to drive around corners attempting to lift the inside wheels off the deck, one nearly rolled his rig into a busy intersection.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: