View Single Post
Old 29-10-2019, 04:42 PM   #5
asteele-xr6

Default Re: 2016 MD Mondeo idle issue

I forgot to add that I also get frustrated with only getting around 500 to 525 from a tank... (725 if solely on highway) seems like I am always filling it up, and ferrying the kids around at the weekend uses half a tank!

I had a Peugeot 508GT diesel that would get 1,600km from a tank - that was nice - stupid overall running costs though, hence now the Mondeo which is now 4yrs old and I am very happy with it.

I know that nobody should ever run their fuel tanks to empty though, as that final suck of fuel will puck up any dirt and muck thats collecting in the bottom of the tank - but I do run it quite close. In my vehicle I know with certainty that when the trip computer says my fuel range is zero, I have about 50km still to go - so that is when I fill-up. It always gets the wifes heart racing, but it's never caught me out.

If you are always filling up at the 1/4full mark, then you could still have 175km in the tank.

Just check when you fill it up how many litres the 62L tank takes, and if you are only putting in 55L (as example), then you know you still had 7L left - so thats 90 ish km's!
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: