View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 02:56 PM   #116
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

I just had a gobsmack moment I needed to share.

An eBay seller in Sydney called 'automotiveskills' (sorry mate, I have to call this out) has a manual X-Type jaguar being wrecked, and for the Gearbox Lower mount and torque restrictor he asked $440. I baulked, queried him on it, surely he accidentlly added a zero by mistake, and showed him a video of how easy it was to take off, and he defended the price. I found another auction selling the WHOLE GEARBOX for $475. This guy has to be taking the ****. A brand new one from UK is even less.

For comparison, I can find the mount itself overseas for as little as 9 Euro. So it looks like buying from overseas and shipping is still less than 1/8th the price of buying in Oz.

Nobody in NZ seems to want to respond. Don't know what the go is there. Perhaps the part is too small for them to worry about. Or maybe their Internet is so fast they are too busy watching 4k Netflix to get back to me.....

Looks like I'll be getting one from Lithuania, shipped to oz, for about $50 total.

Lukeyson