View Single Post
Old 28-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #36
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Default Re: $115,000 for a Falcon? FPV owners try to cash in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
Some of the comments written under the article were pretty cruel, those comparing a second hand AMG E63 are quite a bit off. Try servicing or replacing a part on the AMG and get back to me with a price.
One day these cars will be worth something, but not for another 15 years at least when everyone is driving Chery, Great Wall and Daewoo. Then, the only large affordable car available will be the Stavic.

I'd actually like to buy a Stavic.... but before you completely write me off as a lunatic - hear me out...

We've got a Territory - love it. One of the few downsides to the Terry is the fuel consumption (but hey - she weighs 2500kg before anyone sits in it, so you're gonna get that)... The other is that my kids will outgrow it (as I have 4 of them) because the back seat is really not suited for bigger kids or adults, and the middle row of seats aren't really designed to go back and forth all the time...

So - back to the UGLY Stavic... Sure they are ugly... even Ssanyong themselves must have been giggling in the design studio when they drew that one up..... But - inside it is actually very good, very flexible, very big, and nowhere near as ugly as the outside. The other plus is the Mercedes running gear - the auto and the diesel motor are brilliant...

Because they are so goddamn ugly - they're worth NOTHING... So you can pick up a decent condition van with less than 100,000km for WAY less than $10k (probably closer to $7k).

You can park it anywhere, nobody is going to steal it, nobody thinks you are pretentious, and it takes the attention away from other things that might be in the garage.... ;)

Win Win I say... When it's time to move on from the Territory (which won't be too far away) then a 2nd hand Stavic is high on my list of things to check out thats for sure...