View Single Post
Old 25-06-2017, 10:31 PM   #258
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Just digging up some advice from the early days of this thread.

Finally getting around to giving mambray creek a go. Have booked a site for October long weekend. Got to get in early. Already over half full.

Wasn't that keen when we had the tent, but with a van most of the reasons for not going are eliminated (hard ground for pitching tent etc).

Ended up booking site 7, which is fairly close to amenities which may be good or bad, but looks like it has reasonable screening and looks out in to the bush at the back.

Can't wait.
Good choice Rob.
The site you have is a good one, very well set out however you will notice the people coming and going to the amenities block, good for a chat at any time of the day lol.
It may be too warm for the creek to be flowing in October, we went during the end of 3rd term school holidays in 2014 and it was dry but the upside was the abundance of wildlife as opposed to the winter months.
When that first Lace Monitor strolls through ya campsite it will certainly get your undivided attention..
There.s heaps of stuff to see and do at both ends of the park and walking trails are graded on ability and well marked so you can go at your own pace.
A great starter walk and is quite easy is the Davey's Gully Hike, it starts near the campground and winds up around the hills and gullies on the southern side, the view at sunset across the campground below and the vibrant colours that explode across the area is a must see and only takes an hour tops.

You may have already seen this brochure but here it is anyway.
https://natureplaysa.org.au/wp/wp-co...al-Version.pdf

I spent the weekend camping on the lake at Barmera teaching my 12yo how to handle the tinny as he has to sit a practical test to obtain his boat licence.
weather was perfect, not even a breath or wind and there was a strange phenomena occurring where hundreds, maybe even thousands, of Pelicans had converged on Lake Bonney, there were photographers everywhere.
Spoke to a local old fella and he said he was born in Barmera and had never seen it before, was a cool thing to see but they made a mess of the water, plenty of recycled carp..
My Father inlaw came along for the first time since he sold his caravan and came away keen as mustard to buy a tent and tag along more often, we do it simple sometimes, but its a blast.

And a little something I knocked up for Friday nights dinner

Last edited by BENT_8; 25-06-2017 at 10:54 PM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: