View Single Post
Old 24-11-2020, 09:44 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Great Wall 'Cannon' ute has the others in the firing line..

People whinge about 'short' service intervals but 10,000km is ideal.

15,000km is too long and if its 20,000km+ then count on blocked oil galleries and all sorts of other lack of maintenance problems - VZ/VE/VF Commodore HF V6/LFX and L98/L77 engines have issues with their Dexos2 oil and 15,000km service intervals - timing chains and lifter problems anyone?

I don't care what anyone says, oil is cheap insurance and the more you do it the better.

Quote:
All models come with four-wheel discs in a category where rear drums are the norm (the VW Amarok V6, LDV T60, Ssangyong Musso and Ford Ranger Raptor have four-wheel discs).
BuT yOu DoNt NeEd DiScS!!!!!1111 I hear our Thailand Special loving friends yell constantly.

When rear wheel cylinders are some of the most commonly purchased automotive repair parts in 2020, we've regressed about 40 years into the past it seems.

This things looks alright and pricing is on point - China special for Franco?

Petrol turbo 4 cylinder engine, 200KW/380NM and I'd be keen.

I'm still not convinced on these tiny diesel engines, got one in my Focus, its slow in that in a car that's circa 600kg lighter than the Thailand Specials.

This is China's 'coming of age' moment - look at the first Great Wall V240 that was introduced to our market like a decade ago, how far they have come within 10 or so years.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 24-11-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: