Old 09-06-2020, 10:39 PM   #217
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Default Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Hypothetical discussion here -

Your 'partner' isn't happy in the relationship and 'wants' aren't being met, maybe they've just got bored or things have taken a turn for the worse physically/mentally and they're not into it anymore.

They approach you and they've mentioned

A) Wants aren't being met
B) This has been happening for a while
C) If things don't improve they'll leave for greener pastures

They suggest opening up the relationship to involve others to sort out those 'wants' (use your imagination)

Would this end the relationship and you'll be willing to put the assets up in court or would you be open to compromise (applies to you also) for a chance of keeping decades of blood sweat and tears out of the hands of lawyers?

I've met plenty of interesting people Australia wide from all walks of life from very well off professionals and successful business owners to the 'Average Joe/Josaphine' and a common theme that comes up is that they love the mother/father of their children and their relationship but they're getting the wants serviced elsewhere by other means as it just faded/fell off.

If you're staunchly against said suggestions and it would end the relationship - is through societal/religious construct that would prevent you from heading down this path?

Don't go into detail, just an outline of your thoughts.
Hey Damo, been there, and whereas I didn't 'do that' my Ex certainly did with two lesbian affairs (the last one was not the end of it for her, but it was the end of it with me).

In her case her 'needs' or 'wants' weren't being fulfilled as I had one penis too many (I only have one).

In my case my 'needs' or 'wants' were secondary and not in the equation.

She did suggest an 'open marriage' and staying together for the kids but you know me, I'm pretty old-school and that is not who I am.

...so we separated just short of twenty years, mostly amicably, and a few years later we were divorced. She took her pound of flesh, as she was entitled to, and I put my nose down/bum up and tried bringing up our three kids (she left them behind).

However we separated in August 2007 and in September 2007 I met my current partner and we're still together, despite the best efforts of my kids and my mother early on, and her youngest daughter the last few years.

Do I regret it? No.

Do I hate women? Of course not.

Do I hate divorce lawyers/the Family Court? No, but they're not my favourite people.

Hate is a strong emotion and it tires you out holding onto it.

Would I get married again? That is a tough one as Glen and I have both had our heads kicked by previous partners and we're a bit...mentally scarred

We have lived together since 2008 though, and became engaged on September 29th 2017 (we met on Grand Final Day 2007). I wouldn't mind getting married again, at some point, but not until her daughter has left home. It won't be a big shindig though, it'd be small and informal.
Ratmick is online now   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: