View Single Post
Old 21-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #53
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: like the look of a fire extingisher in your car but think its to expensive?

Don’t be hero’s guys

I think it’s a good idea to have an extinguisher in your car (I have one in all 3 of our cars)

But don’t for a second think you’ll be able tackle a fully involved car, these things are good if you catch it the moment the fire starts, and they make a hell of a mess. (there not much more than a compressed bucket of bi-carb soda)

I personally like them in the cabin, because its easy to access in said emergency, and typically when there’s a fire people panic and I will bet they would forget they have one in the boot but in the cabin its looking at them all the time, the other reason I like them in the cabin is if your trapped in the vehicle after an MVA and your windows wont wind down (no power no winding windows in electric window cars) this extinguisher is a great device to smash the widow with the thing.

All said and done don’t be hero’s if it’s not safe to extinguish let it burn it’s only a car and just call these guys

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote