View Single Post
Old 19-10-2022, 02:49 PM   #78
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: East Coast floods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I have a good mate with a weekend place in Echuca, he has lots of “family memorabilia” there and it’s perilously close to the Campaspe. Hoping it’s spared but ready to help him if the water gets in.

Poor form by the BOM to try directing focus onto changing their official name in the middle of a disaster. Inside word is the organisation’s not running well as it did, or could - management not meshing happily with technical requirements.
Not sure why people are up in arms about this, tbh. Big deal if they want to be called something other than the current acronym. I mean, calling an organisation that forecasts some wild weather for this country the 'BoM' probably doesn't make a lot of sense. And apparently the change was put in place prior to the last election, so it's not like it's a new thing. And it's not like all of the resources going into forecasting and predicting the floods are suddenly going to be redirected to changing the name of the org. Excuse the very poor pun, but, storm in a teacup. (IMHO).

Sad to hear that there's been another fatality attributed today to the devastation hitting Victoria's north atm. My cousin lives in Shepparton, but is, thankfully, all ok.

Hope all of the AFF members up that part of the world are all ok, too.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: