View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 09:53 AM   #73
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Looks amazing...I can't believe how good Lego has become..I only have some simple Meccano and enjoy that periodically to break up my model railwaying a little but Lego is taking construction modeling to a whole new level . I forget the detail but I recall reading somewhere if they could put every Lego block end to end it would reach some incredible distance ..

You might enjoy this about Meccano too .. This is a beautiful piece of engineering from a while back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBUJhLlVSXo

There also is many quite realistic large scale locomotives that move and an incredibly cool Aston Martin DB 9 built from Meccano components that must have taken ages ..and numerous functioning syncro mesh gearboxes and even a Lamborghini V12 engine made from Meccano.

So many great options with Lego though and it's a pure joy to see the Lego stuff you guys do within the Lego community ..Fantastic kits literally for all ages from LEGO especially.

We need more LEGO , Meccano , Erector , R/C of all kinds , model making either moving or static , model railways (my thing I guess) , and similar in our lives .

Great hobbies like these are really important in these troubling times to provide welcome distractions I reckon .

This is a great thread and I hope it remains a really popular one . I'm enjoying it immensely anyway .
Try putting 'Lego Trains' into your Youtube search box

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Am waiting to see the "Flying Scotsman" or similar here in Legoland.
Try Googling it, you may be surprised.