View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
craigdmb
Starter Motor

Hey there, I drive a WS Zetec. I also live in Ballarat and get the whole Pentland Hills thing. I commute by train to the city so the power isnt an issue, but I frequently drive to the city and the car yes it does rev a fair bit coming up through that pikes creek area and pentland hills, but who cares, I can still do 110 and overtake all the other cars on that steep hill before you come to maccas and the car holds the road like glue. I absolutely love my car, oh and by the way Im driving the automatic petrol variant so its only a 1.4 litre and it handles like a rocket.

My partner has a TDI Golf and also does about 45 thousand K's a year. Driving from Ballarat to town. Im trying to sell the econetic as an option to him, I mean its 24 grand or so awesome to drive and loaded with bluetooth/ipod etc. The golf to get all that, your looking at closer to 35K driveaway, and dont get me started on VW Ballarats horrendous servicing costs/smug attitude. The only thing bugging him is the manual only option/coming from a DSG equipped golf. Once you get out of town, Id imagine you wouldnt be changing gears all that much, and the manual has cruise. Can I ask how much you were stung for the Zetec Alloys?

Cheers and I know you'll enjoy it heaps once you get it, that drive down the western freeway is a hoot in the Fez
craigdmb is offline   Reply With Quote