Thread: $200 voucher
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2014, 12:22 AM   #10
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: $200 voucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Thats pretty unreal...homeless on the streets and we are giving vouchers for newlyweds...you need that voucher after the first year atleast. Even then it will get you a 30 min session..LOL
When I got hitched just over 3 years ago the priest insisted we attend pre-marriage classes. He then gave me a leaflet of all the places these group style sessions were being run. It's actually astounding that within 5km of my place there were around a dozen accredited places running these courses. You needed to enroll by fax and per pay by credit card. Many were booked out, ours cost around the $180 mark.

Boring as all hell. Discussed respect, communication, family planning, we needed to get into groups and 'share'... you could see the look on everyone's face 'we are here caus we have to be, not because we want to be'. Asking around, all were forced to attend or the priest wouldn't marry them.

I have no clue as to what they think $200 will contribute to a wedding, the average cost of the last 4 weddings I have attended has been circa $40k.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote