View Single Post
Old 16-02-2020, 01:31 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Recalcitrant Shindaiwa Trimmer

I’ve had this one for years, I think the usage pattern could be described as “light professional”. Overall it’s in good condition but this morning developed a fault.

Primed up as normal, started (on choke) second or third pull, I went to put it on the grass to idle up for 30 seconds before choke off and using. As I went to sit it down, it slightly revved up and stopped.

No amount of attempts then or later could restart it, starting fluid didn’t seem to change this either, nor a cleaning and re-oiling of the filter panel. I tested the basic way (screwdriver stuck in the plug boot, grasp while gently pulling the starter cord) for spark impulse and it seems to be there.

I store these types of gear tank-down in an effort to keep the gaskets from getting too dry.

What I have now noticed, is the primer bulb never seems to fully purge the lines of air. I don’t know if this is a new or normal occurrence.

Looking for experienced input, what sort of coil readings should I expect, and if they’re within spec should I go with a Chinese carb or a gasket kit? Ta in advance for any pointers here.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote