View Single Post
Old 17-02-2020, 03:47 PM   #1127
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Highly unlikely, and if anything longer term it puts more spotlight on Fords standing here.

If Ford are dedicated to Australia then in a months or so's time it would be really great if they reinforced their commitment to the region.

Its alot harder for one to stay on their own, and, if they decide its worth while then the stupid freaking marketing people need to leverage the fact alot more.

Wont hold my breath though....
Would be difficult for them to come out and say that when realistically Ford cannot guarantee this. I assume (and those more informed can correct me) that engineering at Ford in AU, like any other region with that capability, must bid internally for that piece of work. You don't generally have engineers sitting on bench waiting for work, you must keep the pipeline running to justify the headcount.

Toyota AU are looking to expand their PP&D (product development) team in the coming year so hopefully they will pick up some of the engineers.