View Single Post
Old 18-10-2021, 05:23 PM   #2
Aaron

Default Re: Fiesta XR4 Drive-by-Wire Cruise Control

Now some foibles:
- Occasional logging errors; not the kind that turn on any warning lights, but the kind that indicate sometimes the cruise unit is doing a bit of a break before make on the accelerator signal. Probably on disengagement under some circumstance.
- Speed Limiter vs Cruise and the two “saved speeds”. The control stalk is a touch fiddly, so the two toggle like switches to engage the system or select the saved set-speeds can sometimes result in nothing happening, or worse (in my opinion) accidently reprogramming the stored set speeds!

Overall though, another modification that makes the car far more day to day useable - I’ve enjoyed having cruise on longer highway runs of course, but even around Canberra there’s more than enough stretches where tapping the cruise on and not worrying about tickets is nice.

It’s also worth noting that the short gearing and torque of the 2.0 motor mean that hills etc are dispatched with no fuss at highway speed, although as the cruise doesn’t see engine lid increasing it can drop 2-4km/h before it starts feeding on the throttle to deal with larger hills. That doesn’t worry me given my foot often has a similar variance of distance.
This user likes this post: