View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #367
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

So, just spent Easter back at the Mambray Creek campground, where we were last october.

The campground is extremely popular, so it fills up quick and from quite a long way in advance, so we didn't have a lot of choice as we left it a bit too late. The site we booked was quite open but as it turned out, we quite enjoyed the spot as it didn't have any sites directly to the sides or opposite. Got a bit warm in the day but there was a bit of a breeze most of the time so not too bad.

We visitied Alligator Gorge while there, but i won't put any pics up as they are pretty much the same as the pics i put up back in october. Probably a couple of pages back by now.
We did do an extra bit that we didn't do back then, and this is called 'The Terraces'

On the way back we stopped off at a place called 'Hancock's Lookout', which is accessed by 7km of dirt road, and a vehicle with a bit of ground clearance is recommended, as the track is very ordinary in parts. There is a campground of sorts at the end but you must be fully self contained as there is nothing there.
Anyway, the view is pretty good. I took some panoramic shots but they haven't uploaded to my pc properly so these will have to do. This is looking out over Spencer gulf.

A very good weekend 'taking a break' as they say.

we are a bit old fashioned so entertainment (at night, or when too hot to wakl) was via book reading or playing board games, such as scrabble, game of life (old version), battleships, cleudo, bananagrams etc.

Also, i do shiftwork, and due to my roster, it allowed my to book from thursday night, as wed night was my last night shift. I thought we'd be on our way by mid morning, but events transpired to curtail that plan. my wife ended up having to attend a funeral and along with everything else, we didn't end up getting away until 4:30pm which put us right in the middle of peak hour heading out. long story short, we got to experience setting up camp in the dark. kind of glad we had a wind up camper. once levelled we were set up in about 15mins. i worried about the awnings etc in the morning when it was light.

Hope everyone else had a great easter!
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: