View Single Post
Old 17-02-2024, 02:52 PM   #10
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: 'Electronic safety assistance actually makes driving more dangerous' - your thoughts?

Went to a crash 1 day, old lady with a brand new Golf, she had gone to her daughters to show her the brand new car she had just picked up, pulled into the driveway and placed her foot on the brake, she noticed that she should move further up but being cautious she left her foot resting on the brake, she presses the accelerator to move and got nothing so she pushed a bit further, at the same time she released the brake and the car took off slamming through the roller door into her daughters car parked inside pushing it through the kitchen wall.

Now I cant understand why they would cut the accelerator when the brake is applied anyway, and what circumstance would this be necessary poor old lady had never experienced this in her old Micra and was just driving the new Golf the same way she always had.

I think that these aids should be a option that you can turn off and turn back on yourself, if you think you need them, I hate my Wife's car stop start, and I hate how I have to turn it off every time I get in, it should be the other way around and if I want it on I turn it on when I get in.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: