Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2019, 08:09 PM   #447
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
This is the 4th month of a total fire ban for us, not that there's anything to mow.
If you have to use a mower around here (usually for spreading horse or cow manure) you must have another responsible person with you armed with fire fighting equipment at all times.
I know where you're coming from . How my yard is now is how it might look like well into February.. Decided to trim the dandelions (only thing growing) on Saturday evening and the cars were out . I used the side throw MTD and the dust and dirt finished up covering the cars in a layer that needed washing them off . That's a first .

We've had total fire bans here and there and thankfully it's only been mild with a few hotter days but the rain is down to buggery and incessant wind for weeks and weeks from August through til a week or two ago .

Never ever seen our little valley this dry this early ..What we all wouldn't give to see a solid rain again eh ....

Only saving grace for our town is our mains water is bore water but I guess water restrictions in case of fire fighting needs will happen eventually . Can only imagine how bad it is in even drier places around our big old country .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: