Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 02:22 PM   #7415
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Europe is copping it, over 200,000 cases per day. Making the US looking like a picnic. Make the most of his summer everyone! I cannot see international travel opening up apart from the Pacific region. The states need to agree to handing over all international arrivals to the Feds. The Feds need to take this on and have this organised by the military. They need to take over numerous facilities ( hand over hotels or other suitable set ups, set up some as Covid only hospitals) and ensure international arrivals over the next 6 months are squeaky clean. Sadly, can’t see any of them being able to agree on this. As a country we are close to having this manageable right now, but I calling it now, mid autumn early next year will be critical.
We are in a fortunate position in our summer to be observing Europe and the rest of the northern hemisphere in their second winter.

I have no doubt that cases will rocket up for an extended period, but what will be interesting will be hospitalisation rates and CMR, lots of well educated people with bets that CMR will be huge and other betting it will be quite minimal, all of our own confirmation bias’s have been well displayed throughout this situation but the data should be fairly conclusive as to what direction Australia and more so states like Vic and Tas in colder climates should take come Winter 2021.
This user likes this post: