View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 07:06 PM   #2
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Favorite Car Reviews

The next video is this review of the BMW E60 M5 by Tiff Needel.

What a legend Tiff Needel is, someone who was once called the "Sultan of Slide". I think we would all love to have his crazy talented car control ability. I devoured his reviews, most of them of him on a track, going sideways in a cloud of tyre smoke and a howling engine.

This review of the then new 2006 BMW M5 is one of my favorites of all his reviews. The concept of driving a quiet, comfortable four door sedan across two countries, then taking it straight to the track and driving the wheels off the thing would be a dream for most car enthusiasts.

The drawcard for the E60 M5, like all BMW M-cars of this period, was the engine, a never-ending surge of revs, accompanied by the wail of 10 cylinders and the rorty induction note. At one point, he was sliding that car for like 3 corners at full opposite lock.

I of course would love to have a E60 M5. I was one of those who actually liked the styling of the E60...............but then I liked the AU Falcon too! But, like many I suspect, owing one would be terrifying. Time has not been kind to that era of BMW's, and the V10 cars are known to be money pits. But videos like this allow me to live my fantasy without having to endure the BMW reliability headache.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: