View Single Post
Old 30-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #39
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Just on the phone to THE AGRO, getting the lowdown from the festivities at HPR on the weekend, and I hear that the AGRO8 went 10.75 and ran as fast as 139mph. This makes it the quickest manual transmission Modular in Australia, surpassing my previous record of 10.78.

A great result there my friend, shame I couldnt be there to share the moment with you as you truly deserve this after all the hard work you have put in over the years. It is also good to see the manual record stay in the Kenne Bell camp alongside the "overall" Modular record (Chris's 4 speed auto ute @ 10.05)

Daniel.
Daniel,

Paul has worked extremely hard to get his car working the way he wants, and the 10.75 at bigtime mph certainly shows that the blower/engine recipe is a powerful one. 35plus mph in the back half is serious grunt in a 2100kg car, and only using 17 of the blowers 28psi.

One thing that we did infact overlook was the water system in the Australian Boss, and we seem to be continually beating up on head gaskets around the rear cylinders. The Australian cooling system just aint up to task especially with an overdriven crank.

The result for theo and I is a broken cam bolt on one occasion which meant a quick repair with thankfully little damage, the next one was a gasket failure which we think may have stretched the head studs.

We took a gamble, re used them and lost. saturday at heathcote, she picked up a nasty knock on startup. Looks like a freshen up is needed, over 300 dyno development runs, and a 10.75 daily driven.

The good news?? The lessons learnt will be going into our customers cars. With the constant R and D from people like ourselves, Xtreme Ford tuning, CPV Mackay, Elite automotive Gentech performance and Herrod Motorsport, we will up the ante.

This means that 23plus PSI 600 PLUS rwkw AUSTRALIAN bosses will benefit.

Daniel, we have all taken hits playing with these cars, you have tasted the pain, but you have also tasted the success. Make no mistake, your Terminator is still the tuffest mod manual ford in the country in our opinion.

As for the 10.05, well, i only ever raced it with a stock engine and a 75 shot because of my budget limits, however, we have just started our fresh program on a BA Boss sedan, fully registered with a cage, chute and all alloy 5.4 2.8H Aussie Boss with a transbrake.

Driving Paul's ute was all the motivation I needed.

Thanks for your kind words mate, talk soon

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote