Thread: Cruise control
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2005, 06:33 PM   #13
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordel
that doesnt really make sense tho, as i had cruise in my old galant, even though that was a 5 speed, it still had cruise on it and did ok

chris
Your ol'galant would've made more torque at low revs than the ST, try it you own an ST, find a hill and try and accelorate up it in 6th starting from 80ks... it wont the ST has no power below 2000rpm ever wondered why the ST is so easy to stall, just ask my woman its taken her months to get use to a car that has no lo-rev power and heaps of mid and top end(which is what this car is designed for)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick K.
VDC monitors the speed of each wheel and some other things (angles etc) and applies individual wheel braking if necessary to control the car. It also cuts the throttle to the front wheels if require
think about it how would cruise affect the VDC monitoring the wheel speed, the only way it would affect would be the cruise cut-out when the brakes are applied, if the VDC activated the brakes it would cut-out the cruise. Now while using cruise is the car likely to wheel spin and swerve uncontrolably all over the road NO, cruise is set so it cant accelorate that hard! There are many other cars that have the VDC(or some thing very simular)and cruise, think how many euro's would be upset thier if $150k merc/bmw didnt have this... The VDC sounds like an excuse by salesmen IMO
I dont think the VDC controls the throttle it retards the ingnition timming for a power decrease(I could be wrong tho!)
Personaly I dont like the VDC on the ST, its not good in the wet on the hyway when u hit water laying on the road the VDC goes stupid and starts applying the brakes... the 1 thing you dont want while "aquaplaining":togo:
XP6 is offline   Reply With Quote