View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 07:24 AM   #34
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Toyota vs electric lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Just hire a car for the 4 times a year you do that drive. Rest of the time, the EV will work just fine for daily use.

Takes 15 minutes to top up the newer battery types but range will obviously be not as much as a diesel.

I use our EV to tow my Mini race car (1500kgs with trailer). Does it fantastically well.
See, this is why I say that EV's are 'horses for courses' - they just don't suit for my usage. Hiring is out of the question as I use my ute a lot more than 4 times a year, for all sorts of tasks that they're just so suited to.

I get what you're saying re the 15 minute 'top up', but is that sort of time frame applicable when you've exhausted the battery on, say a 300 or 400 km leg of a journey and need to recharge to continue on?

How far do you tow your race car? I can understand it would be okay over comparatively short distances, but how is the battery range when towing on a long trip? I'm genuinely interested as reports from the USA on testing of the Ford F150 EV when towing a load were pretty dismal from what I recall reading.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: