View Single Post
Old 13-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #46
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
People who stop suddenly for apparently no reason, then flick on the indicator as they finish making a right hand turn.
Dabbing the brakes on a straight road with no other traffic around. Also people who cant keep a consistent speed.
Hopeless, indicating at a roundabout.
Sitting 10-15ks under the limit on a clear day. (mostly thats just peoples speedos being out, but still). It takes the **** when you do 70 in an 80 zone but then continue to do 70 when it becomes a 60 zone.
Merging its the most frustrating. You use the slip lane to match the speed of the traffic, not trundle down at 60 and wonder why the traffic is hooning past at 100. You give way to traffic already in the lane (there is no "zip" rule for lanes that merge and are lined accordingly), there is no need to wait until the last moment to merge 99% of people will let you in. That really bugs me, having to slow down and wait for somebody to merge who will then hit the brakes as they do so as they **** themselves because their lane has come to an end.
Not checking blind spots when changing lanes. Infact it appears nobody checks their mirrors or indicates until they are about to complete the manoeuvre.
When approaching a passing lane and you indicate to pass only to find the tallywacker behind you has already pulled out and accelerating, especially when that person is control of a truck.
Ethnic drivers doing what they like. (most likely unlicensed.)
Impatience of drivers cruising up a free lane and then "push" their way into a lane of queuing traffic so they dont miss a turn.
Theres probably more just im to tired to think of them right now.
Geez I am an angry driver. However I think these are basic knowledge when in charge of a motor vehicle, and yet there happening every 30 secs on an average drive anywhere.
And:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
I knew I forgot another one. Not dangerous or against any rules, but more just not being aware of other road users.
In traffic waiting to turn right at a light you notice the lights go green but then notice cars taking an age to go through the lights and before you know it only 3 cars have gone and its red again. Its just annoying. Same goes for passing lanes and the one slow coach gets past a truck but everyone else is stuck behind hitting the anchors to let the truck merge.
So its the same in Brisbane, exactly as it is here in Melbourne.

I'd like to add a few more:

Hilux drivers pushing in because they can with their size, also coming up and blocking views at intersections seemingly on purpose.

Vehicles who have overtaken me and pull in front without leaving much distance at all. Worse still some slow down, slower than what I'm travelling at.

Vans and tradies (and others) travelling at 10kph or more under the limit in the second lane from the right on a four lane freeway.