View Single Post
Old 15-03-2020, 12:05 AM   #47
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Its an interesting position, I asked the question elsewhere that if you could go back in time would you still have kids and it caused offense

Unrelated to GT0132 above but I think there is too much emphasis by our society on 'happily ever after' and 'until death' - why can't it be acceptable that it ran its course over X duration and it was OK while it worked and that one (or both) have just moved on because it no longer works?

I feel that there is a lot of shock over divorces that have happened over decades, whats wrong with looking at it from the perspective that it was great over 5, 10, 15, 20 years etc?
I like the way you think mate! Plenty of people suffer in a relationship due to the financial or emotional risk of divorce so they just tolerate things as they are. I’d rather dig a fish hook out of my eye. Of course you try and try hard, but sometimes it just doesn’t work out and life ain’t a rehearsal.
My gal and I had a break a while back, interesting to see how people behave. I was very much like you say, “it’s been great, we tried, had great times “ but it wasn’t working due to her family ties, long story but try living with a “9 hot and 11 crazy” cousin your partner decides to take under wing without full discussion, what can I say, shes Italian and family first! This chick was a total nightmare, quite sad really, she was looking for a mother figure to control, saw me as a threat and did everything she could to make it hard. I’m too old for stupid games like that. She won the battle but lost the war .
We sorted it all out in the end, the cousin overstepped the mark big time and got flicked out and I reckon the GF are better for the experience. One thing I noticed was she never tried to come after me financially, which would be unlikely anyways, no kids, dual income etc. ( never date a woman who has no assets to her name after being on this earth for a period of time) It’s an honest relationship, we can both walk anytime we like, that’s been proven, but we stay together because we want to...plus she has a hot cousin

By the way, my kids are grown up now and they are awesome . They were turds at times, just like me I guess!
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: