View Single Post
Old 15-03-2020, 06:22 PM   #56
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Just remember a few things.

Around half marriages / relationships end in divorce / separation. We live in a disposable, selfish society so that figure is not a surprise.

As a male, you have no rights to fairness whatsoever if things go sour.

The system is currently set up in such a way that an evil and vindictive female can totally destroy her partner with the full support of the legal system, police and child support.

Assets you had will now be hers, kids you have will be hers, etc.

She can lie, manipulate the situation, cheat, steal, have affairs, stop you from seeing your kids, kick you out of your own house, get help and support from countless community agencies and all the while if she has ulterior motives or mental illness she will get away with it with a smile and full support.

Should you complain, object, tell her friends or... do the same to her you will be torn apart by anyone and everyone. In fact, it will be used against you as proof of how bad a person you are. Yet, a blind eye is turned had the roles been reversed.

Just let that sink in before you make any decisions.

I'll say that again. If you are a bloke and your Mrs wakes up one morning and decides she wants to totally destroy you she can and there is not a thing you can do about it.

Having an affair, cleaning out bank accounts, lying (to anyone, including Police and courts), withholding children etc isn't against the law, and has no bearing on court cases. In actual fact it's endorsed in some of the above circles.

So, as a female, what have you to lose?

If you have kids - even better for her. If you had assets and she had none, she has just won the jackpot.

And remember - your only recourse is to hope she cares enough to cut you some slack.

Other than that - spend around $200k in court spread over 5 years and you may hopefully get 1/3rd of what ever you thought was 'fair and reasonable'.

Don't ask me how I know...
I have watched a work colleague go through mostly what you have just described. It makes me both sad and angry, this person is one of the most docile and kind people you would ever meet.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: