View Single Post
Old 22-03-2024, 06:16 PM   #3
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The VF Commodore at 10

Picked up a 2017 Redline Ute a few months ago.
Originally wanted an FG2 XR6T, F6 or Miami GS but the FPVs are thin on the ground and most of the XRs are in average condition.
The VF ticked all the boxes for me, manual, top of the line, towbar and canopy with sliding windows.

The FG interiors I don’t mind but have seen after market solutions for the infotainment system which I don’t like. It seems the VF has the benefit of the GM parts bin for some interior stuff?
The VF has enough modern tech without being intrusive like all/most new cars.
HUD and blindspot assist (actually useful on the Ute) is always on, the other BS like adaptive cruise and lane assist has to be turned on by the driver.

Not fan of the plastic vents on the bonnet and front guards. Tacky and cheap.
The stereo sound is decent but Bluetooth connectivity is a joke, sometimes it takes half an hour to recognise my phone. Will not play music through USB cord.
Can get a plug and play module for apple car play/android and google maps for around $800.
Interior has hard plastics on the door card, dash and centre console.
And the worst, being associated with Holden bogans.

If I could turn back time I’d have prioritised buying one of these or a XR6t/FPV Ute when they were new. Knowing what a sorry state the new car market is these days.
In 2014 I bought my FG XR8 Ute, there was a new GS on the lot at twice the price. I couldn’t justice paying another $30k for the engine and Brembos.

smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: