View Single Post
Old 27-10-2020, 02:04 PM   #7307
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
It's pretty simple I think. NSW/ACT and QLD seem to be able to locate and squash outbreaks effectively and quickly whilst keeping their economies open and freedom of movement minimally managed. I'd say WA, NT, SA, TAS are untested as yet, having more relied on border closures.

If Victoria could be brought up to NSW/QLD forensic health standards then that would go a long way. Also, we may need to rethink completely open borders until we get the vaccine. Who says that it's OK to fly to other states for holidays just because we may be able to? Try holidaying in your home state maybe.

A bit of personal responsibility would go a long way. Guv-mints can only do so much.
I am not sure how you would manage it, but, some incentives to book time in your own state is a good idea. Pretty sure Tassie did some accommodation credit programs.

From a personal perspective, we have been trying to get to VIC since Easter and obviously no go. Now, bit of a moral dilemma for Christmas, really the right thing to do will be to give it a miss, but the grandparents are getting on and I am not sure if some will go another 12 months so Ill regret not.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane