View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #111
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Re: WA Hoon Laws - VF HSV permanently confiscated and to be auctioned off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
After sitting in an Adelaide courtroom a few weeks back for about 1.5 hours, I saw something else occurring that bugged me.
Plenty of people out there speeding, DUIing, spinning wheels, etc. and many of those cars had been impounded (most were 28 days it seemed).
But what was quite obvious was the judges questions all revolved around the persons employment status / employment opportunites. All the people that held jobs were given all the fines, court costs and impound fees and for those that choose not to work or aren't working have the lower fines handed to them and all other fees waived. My mate dresses up for the hearing, presents well and cops a hiding (and yes, he had done the wrong thing) while others drag themselves in wearing tracksuits, caps and necktatts and get looked after.

Also, a lot of butchers out there breaking the law - haha! Seriously about every fourth person that took the stand that day was a butcher.
It's exactly the same across the wider community - get on public transport off your face , get surrounded by 4 protective service guys - get asked a million times , for your name , address , etc , - no reply , so the protective service guys walk away and fines another community member who failed to touch on - as they were running to catch the train , and didn't have time to swipe their card - but clearly had sufficient $ to pay for the trip on the card . Both have made error of judgment - yet one is fined and lectured and the other let off.
Why does one get off and the other not ?
Easy pickings , that's why ...
I have friends and family in the job , and it is clear in their opinion and of their friends - who by the way are all in the job - believe unless you are in the job than you're nothing - you're rubbish and are simple one step away from getting into trouble - it's so sad ... As they can not see any good any anything or anyone!!
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote