View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 08:30 PM   #4
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: Modern forum software - upgrade on the cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Good afternoon admins,

Has there been any thoughts about moving AFF to a more modern forum software? Would be nice to have some of the social media features that modern forums have, things like community hall of fame, reactions to posts, notifications when being quoted, the ability to tag other members for alerts, tagging threads with search terms to group them together, personal profiles with cover photos, automatic image resizing for embedding into posts and stuff like blogs, integrated phone/tablet support without needing exta things like Tapatalk et al.

https://invisioncommunity.com/features/

The achievements are integrated into the forum, you can have badges and same with the thanks stuff.

It takes the nice stuff from modern social media, adds it to a forum environment and boosts engagement further.
Franco, I 100% have no doubt you made this post in good faith and that you do actually care about AFF.

The first one would be cost. I know you have previously supported AFF financially and would so again but but it costs a lot of money to change software.

Secondly would be who is going to do all of the grunt work to move all of the data over to a new platform? Russ is the only admin these days. Falcon couple, Raptor, GT, Gaso and myself are supermods that don't have the back door access that Russ does (I only assume that GT does).

Personally I have made several attempts to improve the graphic design of the forum through a number of ways but we don't have a graphic designer who is willing to work for the correct money - the money being zero.

I would like to see it made much simpler to load pics up onto the forum without having to use third party software/website and subsequently resize them to suit but that would cost money not only terms of software but storage as well.

We do have the gallery in AFF but I will admit I find it cumbersome to use.

Once again Franco, I appreciate where your post is coming from.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: