View Single Post
Old 26-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #36
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondie
In NZ, ok. There is plenty of work on the land rigs around New Plymouth, the pay and conditions are pretty crap but if you could get some experience there it would make it a lot easier to get a break when you come to Oz. There is no offshore work in Brisbane, you would need to be in Perth, or Gippsland in Vic to be around the offshore drilling contractors. Brisbane is the base for a lot of land work in the west of the state, again nothing too glamarous or highly paying but it could give you the experience to get into the offshore game.

Good luck with the move.

Cheers Simon
Cheers Mondie,
the move to Brissy is because I have family there, so figure that if need be, I'd have my family to help ease us into the new surroundings so to speak and Brissy is alot closer to Perth than NZ lol yeah mate I have heard of the New Plymouth Rigs and what you stated was exactly why people have told me not to bother heading that way pmsl I'm kinda nervous about moving but also know that it's a far better option than to stay in town and live miserably in a job that looks like it's gonna be a dead end the one thing I am dreading tho is having to give up my XR6 :
:sm_headba
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote