View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #63
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Default Re: The FGX as the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Dude, they not exactly collectible, nore are worth big dollars, what the going rate of a P76? Last one on a Shannon's auction was 26 grand

You're greatly confused about rare, desirable and valuable....no one wanted p76s then and they don't want them now either.
There are a couple of P76’s in the streets around where I live and a few Pacers as well and they’re all owned by fellows well and truly into their retirement.

I was walking the dog one morning and a fellow around the corner was washing his Pacer and I struck up a conversation with him.

He told me he bought it because he wanted a 70’s car for him and the misses to cruise around in and he chose a Pacer because it goes ok and they’re as cheap as chips to buy.

As you said, there is a big difference between being collectable and being worth big dollars as most collectables (which these days seems to be a common term for describing older cars) are not worth much and are more a passion and not a money spinner.

And I’ll say the same as I say in these type of threads when they come up every month or so, today people are savvy to the notion that old can equal gold mine and therefore there are too many speculators with cars locked away in garages for them to ever truly be worth a lot.

They’ll be collectable but not an investment to retire on.
2 users like this post: