View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 05:11 PM   #1351
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

It's been said be for that it doesn't help that we are a nation of slackers. It's all about lifestyle now, not working hard. Everyone has their toys, holidays, work entitlements, RDOs etc etc, no-one wants to do the grub work. How many migrants are their working as cleaners, fast food outlets, etc etc? That used to be the domain of teenagers, now many are middle aged.

No-one wants to work in a factory unless they are getting $80k pa, 5 weeks leave, super, 10 days sick leave, flexi hours, pay rise every 12/24 months, blah blah blah.

Try asking a baker about hiring staff. Trying to get young people to start at 4am is like getting blood from a stone.

Those working at the car manufacturers were on a very good wicket for a long time. The only way to get a job was when someone retired!

All the business owners I know say almost exactly the same thing. I am self employed but occasionally get help from a few acquaintances, honestly there is only 1 that I would consider employing if it came to it. Unreliability and lack of interest/initiative is the main reason.

Being committed to your job is a low priority among the workforce. Choosing not to have a big night because you have to start early in the morning is almost not considered anymore, they would rather call in sick or turn up hungover. Never mind the important job that has been booked in 4 weeks ago, cranes/traffic management organised etc etc, the **** everybody else mentality is here and has been for the last 10+ years.

How a car manufacturer can make a profit in this country is black magic.

That's just my opinion from being in my industry for 20 years.
16 users like this post: