View Single Post
Old 13-02-2008, 12:01 AM   #14
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hoon
Do I understand you correctly when you said you are not a fan of leaving the alternator in the original position? I think Paul's setup of leaving the alt. in the original position is absolutely brilliant from an engineering point of view when it comes to using one belt to drive all components, with everything in perfect alignment and no chance of throwing the belt, unlike another kit on the market that is having more than it's fare share of problems in this regard. Other than the incredible torque generated by the KB setup down low, it hardly makes any whine with its helical cut gears which is something that pleases me no end. It makes a little bit just as it first loads up but then seems to be much quieter. An absolutely brilliant kit (with intercooler) and the best thing I have ever done to my "Henry". Congratulations Paul and Chris.
Cheers,
Ian.
I agree that in terms of engineering that this kit is great, and I have conveyed this opinion to Chris on a number of occasions, however in high boost applications, the blower will create a higher drive inertia on the crank pulley opening up the possibility of bearing damage etc. I believe this is why BPT moved the alterantor.

If the alternator could stay in its original position and allow the blower to run 20psi plus then I would have no drama, but if this level of boost caused damage to the FEADS then I would it be concerened, sorry to hijack your thread however it seems I going through a similar choice at the moment as you are. Hope Chris or Agro can help, by the way Agro when I wroe 'driver interia' i menat DRIVE INTERITA, which refers to "drag" and "pressure" applied to the accessorie drive. Cheers.