View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #12
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

i understand the non believers - and i cannot state as a fact that mine does work

my coupe has never been rebuilt - only maintained. the plenum has not been touched, the rear wheel arches have not been touched, nor has the roof gutters and many other areas that coupes rust. this may suggest my car was sealed very well when it was built - it has certainly been treated very well over the last 22 years

when i purchased mine i painted killrust inside the doors (never rusted) and quarter panels etc. obviously the three areas i mentioned could not be done properly. over time little bits of rust would pop up. around the boot rubber, small pieces started in the door jambs etc. i was happy to spend on average around $200 a year on panel work (generally every three years some small things would get done). by august 2003 the bill was $1200 which was probably over the $200 a year budgeted by a fair way. my point is it seemed like it may have been getting out of control. within 6 weeks, a bubble appeared on the left quarter above the sill and by january 2004 i purchased the arma rust prevention module. since then no rust has been sighted. from my own personal experience i would suggest that it does work - it certainly doesn't promote rust, which was my only concern when buying it

all in all i am very happy with it and would recommend it
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote