View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 12:25 PM   #389
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Rob, your comment on the price of Lakeside, I didn't think it was too expensive. All up, we stayed from Saturday to Friday and it was $270 for our family. (One kid under 5 so he was free; makes it a bit cheaper!)
Yes, it's quite busy there too. I asked about booking for next year as there is an overlap of VIC and SA school holidays so it would have been perfect for us. Turns out that week is Easter week and they're fully booked out already! We're going to look to go the week after Easter now instead.

As for McKenzie's, last year we basically had to carry the kids down and back up again. This year it was only back up for the youngest. The eldest walked both ways and the youngest walked down. It's a bloody tough workout walking back up those steps with 15-20kgs on your shoulders/back!
Get the kids to count the steps. I reckon that's how we managed to get the eldest to walk back up on his own

Facebook told me this morning that there is now camping at the Para Wirra conservation park: https://www.environment.sa.gov.au/pa...servation-park
Might be one for a quick getaway Rob!
2 users like this post: