View Single Post
Old 28-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #44
lisaishername

Default Re: $700-a-year increase running an airconditioner & snap price rises of as much as 15,000 %

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
yet to see a high voltage power line melt, in fact there are many safeguards to give way before that happened.

the main ones are the transformers.......they have all been updated.

I'm afraid the media (as usual) has slopped up a lot of propaganda which has been spread by power barons in an effort to justify their multi million dollar profits.

there is, and always will be, scare tactics and propaganda circulating, the trick is to be able to weave our way to the truth.
Did you miss this one? Or are you referring to in Australia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nt0njgVmv4

Just because you haven't actually seen it with your own eyes doesn't mean it won't happen. Its impossible to keep an eye on every single HV circuit all across Australia at least from a personal perspective.

AT least its good to hear that they are upgrading transformers and doing what they need to do to keep ahead of the curve of failing gear. But once we see an economic downturn I don't see why they cannot start to skip on maintenance.

Its also good to hear that we are using less and less power and going more and more to Solar grid-tie. That should hopefully reduce the strain on the grid.

I would like to find out what will happen when a large percentage of households install solar and the entire street or suburb is running at higher-than-healthy voltages.

Last edited by lisaishername; 28-01-2015 at 04:44 PM.
lisaishername is offline   Reply With Quote