View Single Post
Old 28-01-2024, 12:48 AM   #6787
Gordi
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi All, running an 2010 FG Falcon Ute since new, $27,490...amazing how you dont forget some numbers....lol..sitting at 435,000klm, I hit a roo with it after 18 months, had insurance fix it thankfully, $ 4500 worth of repairs to the front end, and 9 months ago, i cleaned up an Emu, this time......into the garage it went, $1000 bucks worth of parts, 7 days of running around buying and installing second hand parts.....and voia.....back to work I went. Mechanic touched the gearbox around the 200k mark, dropped the wrong fluid into it, it immediately started to clunk overtaking on the highway, anyhow, a conversation about the auto gearbox oil specifics had him assuring me the penrite oil he used was to spec, which turns out after having a second hand gearbox installed, it should have never been used, live and learn on that one.....When I first bought it, i would drive on the highway with no shoes and by big toe just touching the accelerator......hardly a press to coast the 120 klm/hr.....shes now needing a bit more of a press and id love to get the ol girl back to that soft touch i loved so much....and here I am. So gday to all, looking forward and hoping to hear some stories about your ford adventures and or mishaps....and soaking up some wisdom from those that dont need to learn a lesson twice!
Gordi is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: