View Single Post
Old 16-03-2024, 11:58 AM   #6805
mfrancis1990
Starter Motor

Exclamation Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello All,
Not lurker and not really a Ford guy; more the Holden guy with my 2016 VF2 Calais with LS3. But I am here and I am hoping that I might get some help.

I have had Fords, bought brand new 2006 XR5 Focus, brand new 2009 XR6 Turbo and helped my older son buy his 2021 ST Focus.

I have now just purchased a MY22.25 Ford Puma ST-Line for my youngest son. It has the 1 litre 3 cylinder turbo. Surprisingly I am impressed by the torque this little engine produces so low and I think the tune of the 7 speed DCT is really good.

The only concern I have with it; is the stories of the little 1 litre ecoboost failing due to the Wet Belt. But, it seems unclear whether the Puma has a revised version of the engine with a chain rather than a wet belt. I have reviewed UK forums that swear the engine was revised after 2020 and has a chain. Yet when I had it serviced by local Ford dealer yesterday, the tech stated it is a wet belt.

If there is anyone here that is familiar with the ecoboost in the Puma and could provide a definitive view or point me to where I could get a definitive view that would be great. I have tried Googling the engine model N1BG 6007 DA and found nothing so far.

Thanks all and good to meet you all.
mfrancis1990 is offline   Reply With Quote