View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 08:20 PM   #191
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Hypothetical discussion here -

Your 'partner' isn't happy in the relationship and 'wants' aren't being met, maybe they've just got bored or things have taken a turn for the worse physically/mentally and they're not into it anymore.

They approach you and they've mentioned

A) Wants aren't being met
B) This has been happening for a while
C) If things don't improve they'll leave for greener pastures

They suggest opening up the relationship to involve others - ie could be involving sex workers or swingers parties, dating apps for casual hookups etc.

Would this end the relationship and you'll be willing to put the assets up in court or would you be open to compromise (applies to you also) for a chance of keeping decades of blood sweat and tears out of the hands of lawyers?

I've met plenty of interesting people Australia wide from all walks of life from very well off professionals and successful business owners to the 'Average Joe/Josaphine' and a common theme that comes up is that they love the mother/father of their children and their relationship but they're getting the wants serviced elsewhere by other means as it just faded/fell off.

If you're staunchly against said suggestions and it would end the relationship - is through societal/religious construct that would prevent you from heading down this path?

Don't go into detail, just an outline of your thoughts.
For me, I would question what I am doing wrong to not fulfill the 'role' in the relationship for them to look at it as a deal breaker.

That said, I am religious and very intent on keeping things monogamous. If said partner were to pursue someone outside of the confines of the marriage bond, its over as far as I'm concerned.

The non reciprocating partner would have to be abusive in the worst way to think otherwise.

As far as Im concerned, looking for 'greener pastures' is a cop out to pursue a selfish motive of gratification.

My question to those who have this line of thinking is, have you actually tried to talk and work through the problems or looking for the easy way out?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont